Wednesday 2 January 2013

What's New in Mail..


  I'm going to try and demonstrate as un-fangirly behavior as possible. So here goes...

  So yesterday, I was just sitting there chatting with my mum about how people change and all kinds of other serious things. When there enters my cousin and plonks something on the bed. And I noticed it was a parcel for me. Me? And that's when it hit me.

   I had entered a giveaway for The Almond Tree by Michelle Cohen Corasanti between December 15 - December 18, 2012. Now I don't mean to sound like I'm gloating, but it is very obvious that I am now going to. From over 420 people that participated I was actually one of the winners!!!

  This is my First, that's right, my FIRST Goodreads First Reads win!!


*does the happy dance*


  Truth be told I didn't have hope. Why would I out of all those people who entered win? Like what were my chances of winning? I do pride myself on being an optimist. The only problem? I am more optimistic in situations  where  
  • I am in the company of someone who is thoroughly in the dumps and doesn't believe in fate anymore.  
  • When the situation calls for someone else to be a part of the 'larger plot' than I.
  Whereas when I am part of that bigger picture, well, let's just say that's when I feel I'd rather fall into a hole till the problem just goes away like a rain cloud. (The rain where I live is sporadic at best in my opinion ).
Yes, that's right people, those who know me behind the "Me" I show the world, know that I'm a dire pessimist. *sigh*

  Coming back here's me showing the book off! 



 Those who have read this book let me know how you found it to be. :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment