Monday 25 February 2013

Teaser Tuesday #7





Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!





This Week's Teaser:

“You think fairy tales are only for girls? Here's a hint - ask yourself who wrote them. I assure you, it wasn't just the women. It's the great male fantasy - all it takes is one dance to know that she's the one. All it takes is the sound of her song from the tower, or a look at her sleeping face. And right away you know - this is the girl in your head, sleeping or dancing or singing in front of you. Yes, girls want their princes, but boys want their princesses just as much. And they don't want a very long courtships. They want to know immediately.” 

-Davis Levithan. Dash's chapter (chapter 9, p.96)

“The important people in our lives leave imprints. They may stay or go in the physical realm, but they are always there in your heart, because they helped form your heart. There's no getting over that.”

-Rachel Cohn. Lily's Chapter (chapter 18, p.167)


-Rachel Cohn & David Levithan. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares ( e-galley ) 


You know the thing about this book is Rachel Cohn wrote the chapters for Lily and David Levithan wrote those for Dash. Umhm. And so far......? I'm liking Dash's chapters way more. But I'm not even through the whole book yet, so let's see how it goes! =D


Please leave a comment with a link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your teasers in a comment!

post signature

11 comments:

  1. Two great Teasers. I enjoyed them both.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT :)
    I'm returning the favor and following you back.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both good teasers--sounds like a thought provoking book.
    Here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/02/tuesday-teasers-predator-and-fifth.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one- just haven't started it yet. Looks like I will have to bump it up the list.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both teasers -- and that's an interesting way to have written the book. I hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my teaser! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome teasers, but it's the first one that made me swoon! I loved that so much, I'm definitely adding this one to my TBR! Thanks so much for sharing and for stopping by My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two good teasers!
    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/teaser-tuesday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. This looks like a good one. I'll definitely have to add it to the list. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this book! I listened to the audio, but when I saw a HC at HPB for $5, I had to get it. It's got such a great cover, and it's definitely a book I'll re-read, especially around the holidays. :) Great teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both teasers, especially the first one! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the teasers I think the first one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice teaser. I've always wanted to read this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete