Friday 29 March 2013

Feature & Follow Friday #9



Increase Blog Followers, gain Book Blog Followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers — but you have to know — the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!

This Friday's question :

Tell us about the most emotional scene you've ever read in a book - and how did you react?


Oh boy..


I think I was at my worst when I read A Walk to Remember. The scene where Landon asks Jamie to marry him. Oh gosh was I bawling out tears of joy/despair. Those who have read or watched the movie will know why I would have cried at such a instance when it is supposed to be a happy one right? And when she's going down the aisle so frail and weak? Oh yeah. It isn't as effective in the movie as it is in the book.


    


Then when Dobby from Harry Potter dies. I LOVED HIM ROWLING !!! *sinks down in agony*.

Also The Fault in our Stars and Hex Hall #3 when Cal dies (I loved Cal!) *sob* Yeah I was a mess. I don't remember if I bawled for Vampire Academy but I do remember being terribly sad.

Like I mentioned in last week's FF post. Most of my favorite character's end up dying.


Leave a link to your Follow Friday post or let me know your answers in the comments below!

Happy Friday!

post signature

15 comments:

  1. I've seen a walk to remember on other blogs and I agree! I haven't read it but I saw the movie and now I can imagine how it would be if I read the book.

    Old follower!
    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to both Harry Potter and The Fault in our Stars. I cried while reading both of those books, but they somehow still remain my all-time favorites. It's crazy how a book can break my heart but I still love it. It's so cruel!

    New follower via GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicholas Sparks is always a good choice. And I remember the Dobby scene from the movie, heck I even cried in the cinema.

    New Follower via GFC.

    Johanna @ Challenging Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee, another A Walk to Remember answer! :D

    I totally agree with you about Dobby dying. That had me crying!

    And I loved Cal too. I preferred him, actually! He's the "WHY!!!" kind of character death that just doesn't feel right.

    Thanks for dropping by My Book Musings :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. Dobby's death didn't really get to me although it made me sad. It's Harry's walk in the forest and meeting with Dumbledore that made me sob at DH.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are smacking us with the sadness today! I've only seen the movie version of A Walk To Remember. I can definitely imagine that the book was more effective.

    Thanks for visiting!
    Stephanie (Go Flash Go) @ Read, Rinse, Repeat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! I've watched the movie! I didn't know there was a book. Dammit. I'll have to read the book, but the movie made me cry too :(
    Here's mine: Feature & Follow
    ~Anastasia
    -New Follower (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen the movie, and I've read Safe Haven from Nicholas Sparks, and that made me cry too :D
    New follower :) Here's my very first F&F:
    Maria @ Maria's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't read the book but I did see the movie A Walk to Remember and I know the part you are talking about. I imagine that it would be more emotional in the book too. VA and Dobby for sure! Thank you so much for stopping by my FF. Old follower :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't read the book or see the movie but sounds like a good read.
    New GFC follower.
    Here's my FF ShirleyIsNotMyName

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read A Walk To Remember, but those who I know who've read it, have told me they cried! Great answer!

    Old follower!

    Thanks for stopping by my F&FF earlier. Happy reading and have a great weekend! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Completely agree about HP, The Fault in Our Stars, and A Walk to Remember. Thanks for visiting my FF! New GFC and Goodreads follower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. New follower.
    I can't read Sparks' books. They make me cry. :(
    http://kasi-kcblake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete