Monday 10 June 2013

Teaser Tuesday #17





Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!





This Week's Teaser:

“And that's just it, isn't it? That's how we manage to survive the loss. Because love, it never dies, it never goes away, it never fades, so long as you hang on to it.” 

“It's okay,' he tells me. 'If you want to go. Everyone wants you to stay. I want you to stay more than I've ever wanted anything in my life.' His voice cracks with emotion. He stops, clears his throat, takes a breath, and continues. 'But that's what I want and I could see why it might not be what you want. So I just wanted to tell you that I understand if you go. It's okay if you have to leave us. It's okay if you want to stop fighting.” 

―Gayle Foreman. If I Stay 


It's two quotes today. This is my first audio book. And gosh these book is so good! The narrator is soo darn fabulous!! The voice changes, the hitch in a character's voice, the laughter, the sadness. Aah! I'm a little late reading this one, but late is soo much better than never.

P.S- Thought I'd mention, the second quote is the main character's granddad saying the lines. Just the thought behind that offer!


Please leave a comment with a link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your teasers in a comment!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment